Friday, October 9, 2009

Playoff Blog Hits 10/10

- I'll leave my thoughts on the Twins-Yankees game to my good friend and loyal Twins fan, The Bama Gringo : "Unless the goddamn Twins are playing, A-Rod is the worst motherfucking postseason player in baseball history. Against the Twins, he turns into the second coming of Yogi fucking Berra. And for fuckin' fuck's sake, the 3-4-5 guys do their damn jobs, and Delmon Young, you hack-happy fucker, you just HAVE to swing at the first pitch, don't you. You, too, Gomez. FUCK!!!!!"

- I'm amazed that ESPN exercised so much restraint this morning in not showing the Luis Castillo Play every single time they talked about Matt Holliday's drop. You know, like they do every day as pretty boy Josh Elliott and Hannah Storm giggle incessantly. Oh wait, Hannah Storm giggles through every highlight, as you were.

- Speaking of, can there be anything worse than not only contributing to your team's devastating playoff loss, but getting drilled in the package in the process? As much deserved heat as Holliday's getting, Ryan Franklin should be getting ripped for walking Blake after being up 0-2, giving up a hit to Ronnie freaking Belliard (who I honestly thought was out of baseball), and to Loretta who was cold coming off the bench.

- I'm quite puzzled as to Jim Tracy adhering strictly adhering to the matchup-style lineup against Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels. It paid off in Yorvit Torrealba's 2-run homer in Game 2, but at this point in the season, you should have your best 9 guys out there and Torrealba might be the worst starting position player in the postseason and Garrett Atkins is clearly fearing the drug testing. But then again, I was happy to be wrong Thursday.

-Speaking of Mr. Hamels, I can't wait for his kid's first words to be "why is dada a shaggy-haired girl?" Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, TBS doesn't respect us, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why do I have to pitch during the day? Wahhhhhhhhh, my wife's giving birth! What's next? How dare the hitters swing at my pitches?

- Chip Caray is the new Joe Buck and by that I mean, no matter how bad he is (in this instance, Caray's cheerleading getting in the way of him actually presenting the game, as opposed to Buck's cheerleading mixing with his completely dull delivery), the network will continue to push him on us. There's hope for me yet.

No comments: