Monday, July 21, 2008

The Dark Knight

Photobucket

Here at 7 Up 17 To Go, I'm usually not to the type to review movies, since I don't see as many as I should. I do recommend our friend over at The Blog Cabins (besure to check the links) though for your movie fix. That said, I have to give my two cents on the record-shattering Dark Knight.

If you are one of the 10 people who hasn't seen this movie, I'm not saying you should see, I'm commanding you. Excellent performances by all parties and did not disappoint at all. This will be the first movie I see in the theaters twice.

SPOILER ALERT

I will say I was a little surprised that they killed off Harvey Dent. When they show him as two-face in the hospital my first thought was "Well, there's the next movie."

That said, Heath Ledger has to be the odds-on favorite for Best Supporting Actor, Christian Bale for the lead and it better be in the running for Best picture, or the whole process has become a farce. No, this is not ESPN-esque hype. Trust me, go see this and get back to me.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

"Christian Bale for the lead and it better be in the running for Best picture"

I'm a fan of Bale and think the movie's great, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Bale is getting nominated for this film, and maybe a raindrop's chance that the film gets a Best Pic nod. Ledger, meanwhile, is all but guaranteed to get a nom, but I doubt he'll win.

I wished they would have cut the movie in two (more or less) and had a tighter film here along with an awesome setup for the next, but as it stands, there's nothing left for Two-Face to do, so I'm kind of glad he's dead.