Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. King Of Pop

Photobucket

For a little while yesterday, time ceased when the news of Michael Jackson's death hit.

While I wasn't around for when Michael was only the biggest pop star in the world and I've seen him only as the circus celebrity that he was for the end of his career, it's still a sad day. The thing is though, as long as my generation has been around, he's been the biggest star in the world. Everyone knows his name and anywhere he goes, everything stops.

While he certainly had his issues and demons, he was a musical revolutionary, whose impact is still felt in the industry today as the Omarions, Chris Browns and other young R&B/pop artists show MJ's influence on them. Even 26 years later, you can put on Thriller and people my age can groove out to it.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958-2009

No comments: